There are a number of types of materials that are widely used in the front doors of your houses, offices, etc. But above all the different types of door materials, there are three main types of materials which are commonly used worldwide today and for many years now.
To be specified the three materials are steel, fiberglass, and wood.
On the other hand, which best suits you depends on your choice, budget, and needs, etc. Thus, in this article further you are going to know about each type of above mentioned front door materials in detail.
Furthermore, you will also get to know about the advantages and disadvantages of each material as well.
In general terms, it is considered that steel is best suited for the purpose of security. Fiberglass is appropriate in case you want less maintenance or a maintenance-free option. However, wooden doors are preferred in order to increase the aesthetics of your house’s front doors.
Steel front doors
It may not be your number one preference when you are looking for doors that can beautify your exterior house. But if you want to opt for more security then steel doors are a very strong type of doors. In addition to this, there are other advantages and disadvantages of such type of door such as:
- It can be easily repaired in case any damage in caused to them
- It does not require frequent replacement as it is made up of long-lasting materials
- Generally comes in several degrees of- fire resistance
- It can reduce your cooling and heating because of their amazing insulating properties
- Not vulnerable to – rust, cracking, bowing
- they are relatively heavier than other types of materials used in front doors
- they are comparatively very expensive materials
- requires more protection in several climates
Fiberglass front doors
They are one of the premium products and one of the most ideal choices of materials for front doors due to many reasons and one of them is because of their advantages offered.
- it is a very durable product which can be used for a longer duration because it does not easily get wraps, rusts, rots, etc
- offers great performance and reduces heat transfers
- frequent staining and painting is not required
- closely look-alike wooden, stained, painted doors
- great range of styles and designs are available
- it needs an experienced professional for its installation process
- it is hard to trim the materials
- little expensive than other types of materials like- wood
Wooden front doors
Want to make your house or offices entrance door look attractive in just one go? Then the wooden doors are the best choice in that case. Furthermore, there a lot many advantages of wooden doors which are mentioned below:
- it’s a natural insulator of heat thus it will not easily get affected by the higher temperature
- it is an energy-efficient materials
- maintains the temperature of the room inside
- do not rust
- exotic wood material like Nyatoh
- required lesser maintenance
- easily painted and polished
- no chips or cracks are easily possible
- locks and latches can be attached simply
- provides noise insulations
- easily be shaped to any size
- durable and sturdy material
- this material absorbs moisture
- can get easily rot many times
- can get infected by the insects and termites
- if bad quality timber is used for making wooden doors then it may not work for longer duration and will corrode ultimately
- causes dust which, may le ad to allergy-related problems, etc
Now since you know all the advantages and disadvantages of the commonly used materials-wood, steel, fiberglass for front doors. Thus, decide which materials are best suitable for your front doors.